Saturday 9 November 2013

Review: Clockwork Angel: Manga by Cassandra Clare



Clockwork Angel: Manga by
 Cassandra Clare and HyeYung Baek 
Published by Yen Press
    Released: October 30th, 2012
     Paperback, 240 pages
       Source: Library 
Reviewed by Angela

A manga-adaption to the prequel of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series, The Infernal Devices is the story of Tessa Gray, a sixteen-year-old American girl traveling alone to Victorian London who runs afoul of the city's sordid supernatural underworld. Rescued by the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, Tessa quickly finds herself caught up in an intrigue that may very well destroy her new friends - including the two enigmatic young men, Jem and Will, who have taken her under their wing...

*spoiler free*

Let me admit something, I read Clockwork Angel about, hmmm, about a year and a half ago so my memory is a little fuzzy. Maybe a little more than fuzzy. I can't remember the details and such but I still remember the more important events. And by my memory, I'm pretty sure the manga incorporated the important events into it. Of course it was shortened quite a bit, but the story line was still pretty good. But if I hadn't read Clockwork Angel before I read this, maybe I wouldn't really understand it. I'd be a bit confused.

I'm a picky manga and anime person. I like anime, but seriously, it's so hard for me to find one I like. The story might be bad, or the art isn't my type, or the guy isn't hot enough etc, I barely read manga and watch very few animes. But luckily, luckily, this was brilliant. I'm not even joking. The art is really well done, and fits my taste. It's should be made into an anime. For the Team Will out there, I'm still with you, just not here. I'm completely Team Jem. Holy peas, Jem is one smoking hot shadowhunter out there. 

The manga artist really captured the characters personality and expressions well. Like really well. Oh my goodness, Henry is adorable in there. The characters are exactly how I pictured them, heck, even better. I was like, woah, Jem is quite dashing here. Hehe Jem. Jem. <3 The only person that didn't exactly meet my expectations was Magnus. He wasn't as I pictured him. As attractive Godfrey Gao is, he isn't exactly how my Magnus is either. I don't even know how I picture Magnus. Okay, okay so Will. Yeah, he's still pretty Will. The manga kept most of this sarcasm and humor which is good. 

There's not much to say about this short book, but it guess if you like manga, or love Clockwork Angel make sure to pick this up. I usually avoid manga. They make my head spin. Oh my goodness, where do you look? Left? Right? Up? Down? Which one comes next? It's pretty confusing and I can't get into it, but this was alright. Besides, Jem<3

Will, Tessa and JEM



MORE JEM <3 just look at dat
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates