Wednesday 11 June 2014

Review: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

8755785
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Published by Margaret K. McElderry
Released: May 27th, 2014
Hardcover, 725 pages
  Reviewed by: Angela
5/5 Stars
In this dazzling and long-awaited conclusion to the acclaimed Mortal Instruments series, Clary and her friends fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother.

Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures out of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell.

The embattled Shadowhunters withdraw to Idris - but not even the famed demon towers of Alicante can keep Sebastian at bay. And with the Nephilim trapped in Idris, who will guard the world against demons?

When one of the greatest betrayals the Nephilim have ever known is revealed, Clary, Jace, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec must flee - even if their journey takes them deep into the demon realms, where no Shadowhunter has set foot before, and from which no human being has ever returned...

Love will be sacrificed and lives lost in the terrible battle for the fate of the word in the thrilling final installment of the classic urban fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!


Review:

Only Cassandra. Only Cassie Clare can wrap up book endings this perfectly. I still prefer TID but hey, this one holds a dear spot in my heart, too :'D I'll admit, I only cried two times in this book, and both were because of Simon. Buuuut of course, the fate of Simon was still pretty sweet :) I still miss Will so much. When they briefly mentioned him here and there, my heart strings were like, *tug tug*. I knew Fray. Fray is too similar to Gray. I am genius. Yeah, not really. Sometimes I am unable to write reviews for books, which is happening a lot lately (it's really not a good thing), so again, I don't think I'll write a full review. Instead...

Here's a summary of my thoughts and all you need to know about CoHF:

1) don't doubt Cassandra Clare's writing. it'll suck you straight back into the Shadowhunter world.
2) it's humour and wit will have you laughing like a maniac.
3) the plot is as brilliant as usual.
4) everything was wrapped up nicely. (well...)
5) don't hesitate to read this. I guess if you made it five books already, what the heck is stopping you from reading this? nothing.

NYEEAAAAAAHH I don't know I'm crazy and I have a lot of Heavenly Fire feels right now DONT HOLD IT AGAINST ME ;_;
I still might write more, but I'm not promising anything. I'm not good at keeping them. Also, it would be mega spoilery filled.

About an hour after finishing, I came to the realization, THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS HAS ENDED. THIS IS THE LAST BOOK. THE LAST FREAKING BOOK. ASDDFFGHJKKOWUNSUDNUENIEIMSI (╥﹏╥) of course, there'll be four more series after this, but this is the last of Jace, Clary, Simon, Isabelle, Alec and Magnus D; *cries myself to sleep* *whispers*: goodbye lovely world

angela


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates