Thursday 5 June 2014

Victoria's Review: The One by Kiera Cass

The One
By: Kiera Kass
Published by: HarperTeen
Published on: May 6, 2014
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Reviewed by Victoria (My first one, please stop judging)
The highly anticipated conclusion to Kiera Cass's #1 New York Timesbestselling Selection series, The One will captivate readers who love dystopian YA fiction and fairy tales. The One is the perfect finale for fans who have followed America's whirlwind romance since it began--and a swoon-worthy read for teens who have devoured Veronica Roth'sDivergent, Ally Condie's Matched, or Lauren Oliver's Delirium.
The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of Illéa, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen--and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.
Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!
Synopsis from Goodreads

Review

Ok here we go. Where do I begin. Ok lemme just say that this book was basically I LOVE YOU BUT LIKE I DUNNO. I DON'T WANT TO SAY I LOVE YOU FIRST. YOU SAY IT FIRST BECAUSE I'M TOO SCARED TOO. And it goes on and on and ohmigosh WILL SOMEONE JUST FREAKING SAY IT. This is literally how I felt:


The cover is B-E-A-UTIFUL though . I mean that dress, it's gorgeous, something I want to wear for my future wedding. Goshdarnnit it's drool worthy, I want it.

WARNING: If you haven't read the past 2 books it might be a little confusing.

I'm new at this don't judge me because like, I'm writing in segments, IN SEGMENTS. What is this.

ANYWAYS,  I had high expectations for this book and it disappointed. Why is America so darn stupid? She just can't make up her mind, I mean it's pretty obvious. But what happened to Aspen was so sweet, that was a nice way to end it but it's kind of awkward. Aspen was so cute and caring during this whole book.

I'm on Maxon's side for sure on this one for sure on (SPOILER-ISH) hating America. She is so annoying and like I had I-knew-it moments throughout the whole book. LIKE SERIOUSLY.

The ending (spoiler-ish... again) was SOOOOO obvious. *sigh* I wish it was better, but I say just finish it if you have read the first two books.

AND THAT IS THE END OF MY SUPER SHORT (like as short as jeans shorts today) REVIEW. Gimme some feedback because this is like my first review ever... and I read this book a couple weeks ago so I kinda forgot. Alright, thanks for reading.


See ya,

-Victoria <3




No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates