Monday 30 June 2014

Victoria's Review: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

15768191
Sweet Peril
By: Wendy Higgins
Published by: HarperTeen
Published on: April 30, 2013
5/5 Stars
Victoria's Review

 Synopsis


Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things. 

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?


Synopsis from Goodreads 

Review

So you know how sequels can suck compared to the first book? THIS ONE DID NOT DISAPPOINT!!!! OHMIGOODNESS I was so sucked into this book and was.... I just have no words. I might just actually like the sequel better than Sweet Evil. And that's saying something because Sweet Evil was pretty darn incredible. 

LET'S GO RIGHT INTO KAIDAN ROWE. 

I mean look at this. 

He was even hotter in this book like I can't even. Can I just say that I was giggling throughout this whole novel? BLAME KAIDAN. THE FEELERS WHILE READING THIS BOOK WERE TINGLING. At first I was like OMG just admit your darn feelings to Anna would you already? But then I started to feel sorry for him as the novel progressed. And then half way through the book onwards my heart melted. I can't even describe how cute he was and how possessive he was (especially this one scene holy crap). Please read this book so we can fangirl.



Let's talk Anna. At the beginning of the book I was kind of sick of her "whining" on how Kaidan had ***SPOILER FOR THE FIRST BOOK*** left her and it made her miserable and what not. ***SPOILER OVER*** I liked how she did something with Kopano and BOY HOW THE EMOTIONS RAN HIGH AFTERWARDS! 


Kopano (son of Alocer) was in the sequel A LOT. He stayed by Anna's side many times and I was kind of glad he did because he was there when she was hurting. He was like her partner in crime, at the time. 

Anna's dad was a mule, man the things he did to keep Anna safe. GAH I hated him a little near the end of the book but you gotta do what you gotta do right?

My review is all over the place look at this. Gosh I literally finished reading this book a half an hour ago and my mind is juggling everything that just happened. This review is gonna be short and sweet. 

But other than all that, it was kind of cliché as YA paranormal romance books go. But ya know I still love em. If you love YA paranormal romance books like I do, I strongly suggest you start reading this trilogy.

-Victoria <3















No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates