Tuesday 3 December 2013

Mini Review: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

 
 
 

I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
Published by the Dial Press
Released: October 31st, 2011
Paperback, 433 pages
Source: Library
Reviewed by Angela
 
I’ve lost it. :( The only thing in the world I wasn’t supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It’s been in Magnus’s family for three generations. And now the very same day his parents are coming, I’ve lost it. The very same day! Do not hyperventilate, Poppy. Stay positive :) !!

Poppy Wyatt has never felt luckier. She is about to marry her ideal man, Magnus Tavish, but in one afternoon her “happily ever after” begins to fall apart. Not only has she lost her engagement ring in a hotel fire drill but in the panic that follows, her phone is stolen. As she paces shakily around the lobby, she spots an abandoned phone in a trash can. Finders keepers! Now she can leave a number for the hotel to contact her when they find her ring. Perfect!

Well, perfect except that the phone’s owner, businessman Sam Roxton, doesn’t agree. He wants his phone back and doesn’t appreciate Poppy reading his messages and wading into his personal life.

What ensues is a hilarious and unpredictable turn of events as Poppy and Sam increasingly upend each other’s lives through emails and text messages. As Poppy juggles wedding preparations, mysterious phone calls, and hiding her left hand from Magnus and his parents . . . she soon realizes that she is in for the biggest surprise of her life.


Review/thoughts:


All I can say after I finished this was that it was really cute. It was pretty darn cute, sweet and funny. It's not a short book, but you can whip through it fast. A fairly easy read. If you're looking for a pass time, fluffy, cute, funny, story, consider this your lucky day because ding diNG DING, this is your perfect book. I was seriously laughing so hard at some times, and can't help but feel embarrassed by the main character. (She's awesome, by the way) Sam is just so amazing. <3 it really reminds me of this Asian drama I watched. Seriously, I could put all the people in there and match it up with the characters in this book. This is my first Sophie Kinsella book but I'm fairly sure it won't be the last. But I've had a bad time keeping promises in the past so who knows?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates