Sunday 8 December 2013

Review: This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

 
 
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Published by Farrar, Staus and Giroux (BYR)
Released: September 17th, 2013
Hardcover, 288 pages
Reviewed by Angela
Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing.
Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together

Review:

actual rating: 4.5 *SPOILER* only because she didn't end up with Char. Damn. Otherwise, FIVE FREAKING SHINING STARS. AMAZING. this is just so amazing this book. it's so cool, and the concept is brilliant. it makes me wanna go clubbing or something. oh wait, I'm underage. screw that lol. but seriously, this book made me take a whole new outlook on life. I love it so, so much. more thoughts tomorrow, after I get some sleep. I'm just flipping through the reviews and...THEY ARE ALL FIVE STARS, IM SO HAPPY ;D

Okay. I just reread this next day. I NEVER reread books. I read them already, why would I reread books when I can read new books? I don't know, that just my opinion. but this. This is just incredibly amazing AND OMG I LOVE IT SO MUCH. the second time reading was different from the first. The first time, I was more reading the story, the plot, characters and such. The second time though, I read it more carefully, and became more invested in the subplots, meanings and hidden messages. And it was probably even better than the first one. It resolved the "Char" problem. Nope, you asshole ain't cool. Harry is much better :) Aghhhhh just so, so great. I need to go and buy this book since this is a library copy. YAAAAY then I can read it everyday :D

psst. Char is like the same Char from Ella Enchanted. I think maybe that's why I liked him so much. Plus Ella Enchanted is the best book in the world. NO OTHER BOOK WILL EVER COMPARE. But there are the other favourites such as this :) The life changing favourites.


The above was my initial reaction to reading the book. Yeah I was pretty damn excited about it. Now after a few weeks, I STILL AM. See, that's what favourite books are. Even when you think about them, you feel all the feels and emotions of that book all over again. But now, after a few weeks of thinking and analyzing why I loved this book so much, I figured it out. This book gave me hope. I thought it was absolutely amazing how her world was so upside down, but then that night of wandering around led her to discover a whole world of acceptance, friends, a passion and even love. It gave me this feeling that honestly, anything can happen. Maybe its just a book, but to me, its much more. I'm allowed to dream right?

Anyways, I don't want to say too much. But here this, ASDFGHJLTDCUVIUIGHKJK go read this book right now or I'll find you and I'll murder you. We got a deal here?



2 comments:

  1. Hi, you have wonderful blog and great post, did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back! thank you.

    xoxo, J
    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow on Bloglovin. Followed you back! Love the blog! ;) xox

    www.ruzinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates