Saturday 28 December 2013

Review: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

17167166
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Published by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Released: August 27th, 3013
Hardcover, 420 pages
Reviewed by Angela
An assassin’s loyalties are always in doubt.
But her heart never wavers.


After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice.

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?


Review:

You know what. I wrote this awesome review that took me so long. Then, my laptop decided it would be hilarious to lose connection to the internet. Muahahaha, let’s see how funny it is to see Angela freak out hehehehh. No. Not. Funny. At. All. So here I am again...it will never be the same though T^T

Guys. I just finished this book. This amazing, spectacular, fantastic, great, excellent, marvellous, fabulous, wonderful, splendid book called Crown of Midnight. (I actually used a thesaurus to search up the words) I'm gonna die from its amazingness *dies*I can’t seem to leave this world, everything reminds me of this book, and I’m just so completely obsessed with it. Chaol. Sorry, be right back. Dying. Okay so like, my mind isn't clear right now and I’m unable to write a proper review. My thoughts aren't exactly readable you see. Take a look: (I sound like Ryan Higa :P)
asdfghjkl;qwertyuiopzxcvbnm,.asdfghjkl;qwertyuiop[]zxcvbnm,./asdfghjkl;wertyuiop[xcvbnm,.rtyuiopasdfghjkl;zxcvbnm,qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm,qwertyuiop[asdfghjkl. You see? So this is basically going to be me rambling on and on about how much I loved this book. Ready? Alright, 1...2...3...

wHAT THE ACTUAL HECK OKAY CELAENA YOU CANT BLAME CHAOL THAT WASNT EVEN HIS FAULT PLEASE MAKE UP PLEASE I BEG YOU FORGIVE HIM T^T ITS THE FILTHY PIECE OF DOG POOP ARCHERS FAULT. GO AWAY ARCHER AND DIE. NO ONE LIKES YOU OR WANTS YOU HERE BYE. I KNEW AT THE BEGINNING THAT ARCHER WAS A LYING ROTTED PINEAPPLE (SORRY PINEAPPPLES, I ACTUALLY REALLY LIKE YOU) CELAENA YOU SHOULDVE LISTENED TO CHAOL AND TRUSTED HIM THAT ARCHER IS LIER BUT NOOOOOO LOOK WHATS HAPPENED NOW. NEHEMIA IS DEAD, YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS RUINED AND EVERYTHING IS A PILE OF MESS. IM SOMAD UGGHHHHH. OKAY YEAH I GET THAT NEHEMIA WAS A GREAT PERSON AND YOUR FRIEND BUT HONESTLY, GET ON AND FORGIVE CHAOL ALREADY. PLEEEAASE.

BUT DORIAN THOUGH. ARRRHHGG I FEEL SO BAD FOR HIM THROUGH THIS BOOK. HE HAS TO WATCH CHAOL AND CELAENA TOGETHER AND NOT SAY A WORD THAT’S PAINFUL MAN. BUT GEEZ, YOU SURE ARE DUMB SOMETIMES. BUT HEY, CELAENA WAS PRETTY DUMB THROUGHOUT THIS BOOK TOO. YOU KNOW, IF YOU JUST TOLD A SINGLE DANG PERSON AND LET THEM HELP YOU, YOU WOULDNT BE IN THE MESS RIGHT NOW. WHY DO YOU PEOPLE LOVE DEALING WITH EVERYTHING YOURSLEVES SERIOUSLY.STOP KEEP SECRETS FROM EACH OTHER IS THAT SO HARD?

I LOVE YOU CHAOL SO FREAKING MUCH LIKE YOURE THE BEST PERSON EVER. YOURE SO DEVOTED AND PERFECT AND EVERYTHING. LET ME LOVE YOOUUUUUUU. (IN THE MELODY OF THAT SONG) IF CELAENA EVER LEAVES YOU FOR DORIAN, ILL BE RIGHT HERE WAITING FOR YOUUUUU (ANOTHER SONG) YOURE SUCH A BIG TOUGHIE ON THE OUTSIDE BUT YOURE ACTUALLY A BIG SOFTIE ON THE INSIDE LIKE THE DANCE AND THE BIRTHDAY AND EVERYTHING WAS SO PEREFCT I WAS GONNA CRY. THE KISS THEN THE A LOT MORE THAN KISSING AND LYING IN BED AND CHOCLATE CAKE OMG MELTING INTO A PUDDLE OF HAPPINESS.

I KNEW SOMETHING WAS GOING TO HAPPEN NOOOOOOO. T^T CELAENA YOU BETTER FORGIVE CHAOL BECAUSE HE REALLY LOVES YOU AND REMEMBER THAT FUTURE YOU GUYS WANTED? THE ONE WHERE YOURE TOGETHER AND GET MARRIED? THINK OF THAT BRILLIANT LIFEEE. OR DONT THEN CHAOL CAN BE MINE.

DORIAN HAS MAGIC? I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING THOUGH. WHAT THE HECK. THAT’S REALLY COOL, IT’S SO MAGICAL. LOL GET IT MAGIC IS MAGICAL? YEAH OKAY ILLSTOP. BUT HEY. YOU HAVE MAGIC BUT CELAENA IS A FREAKING FAE. WOAH BACK UP THERE. WHAAAAAAT? DID. NOT. SEE. THAT. COMING. THAT’S SO MIND-BLOWING.

THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR MY PUNY MORTAL BRAIN TO HANDLE. AND SHES ALSO THE LOST QUEEN? NONONONONO CHAOL WILL NEVER BE YOUR ENEMY YOU LOVE HIM TOO MUCH PLEASE NO.

THE ENDING KILLLLLED ME SO MUCH. I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE I COULD BE KILLED SO MANY TIMES IN A BOOK. I LITTERALLY CANNOT RIGHT NOW. GOODBYE WORLD, IF ANYONE NEEDS ME, IM UNDER MY BED COUNTING SHEEP. BUT I PROBABLY WON’T ANSWER TO ANYONE SO DONT BOTHER. DONT EVEN BOTHER. LET ME BE IN PEACE AND IN MY OBLIVION COUNTING SHEEP. SARAH J. MAAS YOU HAVE RUINED ME. YOU HAVE SCARRED ME JUST LIKE THE SCAR ON CHAOLS FACE.

*tries to breathe calmly but fails* Alright. I’m done attacking this review with caps lock. aM I NOW YES I AM dONE. Ranting aside, this book was utter perfection. Everything was written extremely well, every part was necessary and essential. It made the book complete as a whole and wouldn't be without a single part. So. Great. This is the kind of book that makes me want to give up on my non-existent writing career. This ruined me and broke my heart into a gajibillion pieces. And I love IT. I’m so glad that this isn't a trilogy. It gives the characters more time to grow and there’s just so much to be told in this world. I cannot. Wait. For. The. Next. Book. The ending tore me in two. Celaena, please forgive Chaol. He did nothing wrong ;( well, that's as much of a review I can muster after reading this beautiful book. I’ll probably come back and add things later. For now, I’ll go count my sheep.

Sorry about this loooong review/ramble. I just needed to let  it all you know? So much needed to be said XD

100000000000000/5 STARS


4 comments:

  1. whahahahahahahahaha OMG I thought I was big on ranting on books I love but you just beat me at it lol! What a fun review you put a big smile on my face! And now I need this book like right now!

    Irene @ Ice Queen's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, thanks so much :D read this, it's amazing. but you probably got that impression from my review already LOL

      Delete
  2. WHOA I love your energy, I can tell your very passionate about this book (and books in general). Can't wait for Heir of Fire to get here already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just a bit "emotional" after reading this...ahaha thank you :D I cant wait for Heir of Fire too XD

      Delete

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates